1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno chili, minced
1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound barracuda steaks*
4 sourdough sandwich buns
- Combine the red bell pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes, lemon juice, brown sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill.
- Brush the fish with olive oil. Place the fish on the grill and cook until done, about 10 minutes per inch thickness. When the fish is almost done, brush the cut sides of the buns with olive oil and place on the grill. Let heat just until toasted then remove.
- Remove the fish from the grill and remove any skin and bones from it.
- Place the fish on one side of the toasted buns. Top with the sauce and any other desired toppings.
About the author(s)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.